ANNE E. WINNER, Partner
Anne E. Winner is a 1985 graduate of the University of Nebraska College of Law. Her career with Keating O’Gara includes more than 30 years focusing on workers’ compensation cases and nearly 20 years’ experience with judicial ethics matters. She has written and lectured extensively on these subjects for judges, lawyers, employers, vocational consultants and claims personnel.
Anne’s workers’ compensation practice involves advising employers and insurance clients from the outset of the claim; analyzing statutory compliance; assisting adjusters, nurse case managers, human resources and dispensary personnel with claims management and investigation; coordinating medical and vocational experts; providing strategies for litigation; and handling lawsuits from initial pleading through trial and appeal for national companies as well as Nebraska industries, small-town factories, family shops, farmers and agri-business employers, and injured employees.
Anne has practiced in Nebraska state and federal courts at all levels of trial and appeal and before various administrative bodies. She has been rated “AV preeminent” by the Martindale-Hubbell legal peer review since 1995.
Anne serves upon request as mediator to the parties of workers’ compensation lawsuits.
Education & Admissions
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska, 1985 J.D.
Law Review: Nebraska Law Review, Executive Editor, 1985
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, 1981 B.A. English
- Nebraska, 1985
- S. District Court District of Nebraska, 1985
- S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 1999
- Association of Judicial Discipline Counsel, 1999 – Present – Member
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation, 2005 – Present – Lifetime Fellow, 2010 – Fellow
- Nebraska Judicial Resources Commission, 1998 – 2004 – Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 1985 – Present – Member
- Workers’ Compensation Section Board of Directors, 1989 – 1997
- Workers’ Compensation Section Chair, 1995
- Committee on Civil Practice and Procedure, 1996 – 1998
“AV preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubbell legal peer review since 1995
Nebraska Air National Guard 1974-1985, honorable discharge E-5
Nebraska State Bar Foundation since 2005, Lifetime Fellow – 2010
Nebraska Judicial Resources Commission – 1998 to 2004
Chair, NSBA Workers’ Compensation Section Chair – 1995
Chair, NSBA Committee on Civil Practice and Procedure – 1996 to 1998
Chair, NSBA Civil Practice and Procedure Committee– 1997
Lincoln Bar Association Board of Trustees – 1993 to 1995
Robert Van Pelt American Inn of Court Executive Committee – 1991 to 1995
- In re Schatz, 287 Neb. 952, ____ N.W.2d ______ (2014)
- In re Florom, 280 Neb. 192, 784 N.W.2d 897 (2010)
- In re Marcuzzo, 278 Neb. 331, 770 N.W.2d 591 (2009)
- In re Lindner, 271 Neb. 323, 710 N.W.2d 866 (2006)
- In re White, 264 Neb. 740, 651 N.W.2d (2002)
- In re Krepela, 262 Neb. 85, 628 N.W.2d 262 (2001)
- Davis v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 269 Neb. 683, 770 N.W.2d 652 (2005)(upheld low earning power rating)
- Smith v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 10 Neb. App. 666, 636 N.W.2d 884 (2004)( accident during treatment)
- Harmon v. Irby Construction Co., 258 Neb. 420, 603 N.W.2d 813 (1999)(effect of relocation, attorney fees)
- McBee v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 255 Neb. 903, 587 N.W.2d 687 (1999)( no duty of employer to investigate compensability, upheld withholding benefits before proof of causation)
- Jorn v. Pigs Unlimited, Inc. 587, 255 Neb. 876, N.W.2d 558 (1998)(occupational disease)
- Crouch v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 255 Neb. 188, 582 N.W.2d 356 (1998)( repetitive trauma disabilities)
- Svehla v. Beverly Enterprises, 5 Neb. App. 765, 567 N.W.2d 582 (1997)(upheld dismissal of fall resulting in death, idiopathic cause, positional risk)
- Alley v. Titterington, 233 Neb.71, 443 N.W.2d 615 (1989)( dismissal of back injury)
- Barrett v. Rhodia, 606 F.3d 975 (8th Cir. 2010)(aff’d summary judgment for defense products liability toxic exposure)
- Kruid v. Farm Bureau, 17 Neb. App. 687, 770 N.W.2d 652 (2009)(statutory employer)
- Struve Enterprises v. Travelers Inc. Co., 243 Neb. 516, 500 N.W2d 580 (1993)(policy lapsed, failure to pay premium)
- O’Toole v. Brown, 228 Neb. 321, 422 N.W.2d 350 (1988)(insurance restrictive endorsement unambiguous)
Explore Our Practice Areas
Whether we are assisting a client with a settlement or taking a case to trial, we have the same standard of excellence for every matter we address
Let us Help You Get Your Life Back to Normal
When you are dealing with a tragedy, you need a team of supporters who care about you and will stick by you all the way to the finish. Our attorneys are courtroom tested and have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients either through cases won, or cases settled. We have a seventy-five year track record of success, and we would love to put our experience to work for you.
Request Your Free Case Review
Find Help Today!
Toll Free: 888-234-0621
Toll Free: 888-234-0621