Thomas P. McCarty
Thomas P. McCartyBACK TO ATTORNEYS
Tom McCarty was born and raised in Lexington, Nebraska. A fifth generation Nebraskan, he lives on an acreage with his wife, Tessa and their son, Abram. Mr. McCarty knew from an early age that he wanted to be a lawyer to serve his community and help others resolve difficulties in time of need. He joins his brother and uncle as fellow attorney and graduate of the University of Nebraska College of Law.
Mr. McCarty attended the University of Nebraska-Kearney from which he earned his B.S. in Political Science with highest distinction. Mr. McCarty received his legal education from the UN-L’s College of Law where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Nebraska Law Review and was awarded his law degree with highest distinction in 2009. Upon graduation, Mr. McCarty served three years as judicial clerk to the Honorable C. Arlen Beam of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Mr. McCarty joined the firm in 2012 and his practice focuses on Labor and Employment Law, Commercial Litigation, Business Law and Estate Planning.
Mr. McCarty and his wife are actively involved in the Country Bible Church, where he has served on the Board of Directors and worship team. Mr. McCarty also serves on the Board of Directors of the Christian Student Fellowship Campus Ministry.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska, 2009 J.D.
Order of the Coif
summa cum laude
- University of Nebraska-Kearney, Kearney, Nebraska, 2006 B.S. Political Science
summa cum laude
- Nebraska - 2009
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska - 2009
- Nebraska supreme Court – 2009
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit – 2010
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit – 2010